Did you know that you can clean without spending a fortune on store bought cleaners?
I bet you didn't know you can clean most everything in your home with just a few simply ingredients from your KITCHEN! This week's topic is Vinegar.
White distilled vinegar is a popular household cleanser, effective for killing most mold, bacteria, and germs, due to its level of acidity. Cleaning with white distilled vinegar is a smart way to avoid using harsh chemicals. You’ll also be glad to know that it is environmentally friendly and very economical.
Just SOME of the ways you can use vinegar to clean in your home...
- Make your own scouring cleanser by combining 1/4 cup baking soda with 1 tablespoon liquid detergent. Add just enough white distilled vinegar to give it a thick but creamy texture.
- Clean and deodorize a drain by pouring in 1 cup baking soda, then one cup hot white distilled vinegar. Let this sit for 5 minutes or so, then run hot water down the drain.
- Clean the shelves and walls of the refrigerator with a half-and-half solution of water and white distilled vinegar.
- Cut the grime on the top of the refrigerator with a paper towel or cloth and full-strength white distilled vinegar.
- Easily clean your mini blinds by wearing pair of white cotton gloves. Dip gloved fingers into a solution of equal parts white vinegar and warm tap water, and run your fingers across both sides of each blind.
Check back tomorrow for more tips on how to clean with vinegar!