Monday, April 30, 2012

How To Clean An Oven Vent

I'm sure you have tried to clean an oven vent at one point in your life. I run into these little "goop catchers" as I like to call them, in just about every house I clean. Sometimes, they are REALLY bad, and sometimes they aren't so bad. Either way, if you have them, you need to clean them.

I have found the easiest way to clean these is take them off and lay them in your sink and run hot water over them for a few minutes. I liberally sprinkle baking soda all over the vent making sure to get it into all the little nooks and crannies. I then spray the entire thing with vinegar. This creates a chemical reaction that should fizzle a little. I let that soak in for a little while, then I use a stiff brush to clean it out. If you have an old toothbrush laying around that works well too. I usually spray it one more time with vinegar just to make sure it is grease free. Rinse it with hot water and viola you should have a clean vent.

The more you cook the more often you need to clean this. I suggest cleaning it at least once a month. If you do, that task won't be as difficult the next time!


Do you have a question for The Cleaning Fairy? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment